It’s been a while since I’ve done this kinda post so I thought I’d get ya up to speed with my pregnancy and how I’m coping lately!
There are SO many awkward and awesome moments during pregnancy.
- Leaving the bathroom after peeing and feeling like I have to pee again.
- Having the same eating schedule as some younger male colleague. We are always meeting in the lunch room to make food. Every. Single. Day.
- Some colleagues didn’t know I was pregnant until a few weeks ago because they usually see me behind a desk. The shock on their face said it all.
- Hearing stories of everyone’s labour. I get it. Everyone is still traumatized by their labour but I am still refusing to think that labour won’t be an amazing but exhausting journey to the most amazing gift.
- Still not being able to stay up past 9:00 p.m. unless I take a nap during the day.
- Grunting while bending down to pick things up, put shoes and socks on. You know, the every day things.
- My winter jacket is becoming quite tight. I can’t have it zipped up if I’m sitting down because I feel like a stuffed sausage.
- Getting seats on the Skytrain all the time.
- Making it to the third trimester.
- My bump becoming VERY large, overnight.
- Being able to eat and eat and eat but somehow not gaining as much weight as I assumed would happen. Thanks baby!
- Having The Mister feeling Baby Murray kick.
- The Mister being SO awesome even though I’ve been a hysterical mess going from anger to crying in about one minute flat.
- Having The Mister reach over while we’re on the couch and just rest his hand on my belly.
- The Mister fasting with me when I took the gestational diabetes test.
- People have been SO generous with clothing, toys and just stuff for Baby Murray. It is SO overwhelmingly sweet. She is SO loved already.
So there ya have it. Pregnancy has brought out SO many awkward and awesome moments along with some interesting emotions. It’s definitely been a wild ride so far!
So tell me, what’s awkward and awesome in your life these days? What was awkward and awesome about your pregnancy?