One of my fondest memories(and The Mister’s most dreaded memories…) is that he used to send me these LONG letters when we were in a long distance relationship in high school. I have a huge box filled with all the letters he sent me over those two years. Although my husband cringes at some of the things he wrote in those letters, they are my most cherished possession. Clearly, my main love language is ‘Words of Affirmation’.
The bestselling book by Gary Chapman, The 5 Love Languages has revolutionized our relationship, making love easy no matter how busy we are.
Loving your ‘Words of Affirmation’ spouse is surprisingly easy. Sincere words are the most important of loving your ‘words of affirmation’ spouse but that doesn’t mean it’s the only thing that makes your spouse happy.
Here are 7 ways to love your ‘words of affirmation’ spouse daily:
1. Tell them you love them regularly.
2. Compliment them with specifics.
3. Send them love notes or texts.
4. Encourage them.
5. Cards – for every minor holiday or just because.
6. Brag about them.
7. Tell them you appreciate them and what they do.
Need some specific suggestions on what to say to your ‘words of affirmation’ spouse? Check out these, hopefully they’ll be helpful in getting you to think about what your spouse may need to hear to feel loved.
Just because ‘Words of Affirmation’ isn’t your prime love language, doesn’t mean you can’t love your spouse the way they need to be loved.
So tell me, have you taken the love language test with your spouse? is ‘Words of Affirmation’ your main love language? Tell me how you love your ‘words of affirmation’ spouse?
Meet Your #LoveBlog Hosts!
Brita from Belle Brita
Brita Long is the pink and sparkly personality behind the Christian feminist lifestyle blog, Belle Brita. While her first
love will always be Paris, she lives happily with her husband Daniel Fleck in the Atlanta area.
Elyse from Just Murrayed
Elyse blogs about marriage, Vancouver-living, books and everything in between. She’s a legal assistant by day and an avid reader and blogaholic by night. She’s obsessed with Mexican food, the Toronto Blue Jays and true crime shows.
Charlene of Enduring All Things
Charlene is a 20 something wife and fur mamma living in Ohio. She uses her blog, “Enduring All Things” to inspire young wives to keep God first and their husbands second in everything they do.
Laurisa from Total Addiction
Laurisa is part of The Total Addiction team (left to right: Bobbi Jo, Laurisa, Renee). Their mission is to encourage, uplift and minister to other women. They collectively blog about their addictions to fashion, beauty, life, positivity, inspiration, and most of all, Jesus. When Laurisa isn’t at Total Addiction, you can find her at home with her hunky husband and their four delightful offspring.
Be sure to add up to 3 posts about Valentine’s Day to the linkup below and to check out Brita’s intro post to see the prompts for the rest of the month!
Meet your sponsor: Ankit
Is your best friend’s love language Gifts? Then you need to take a look at Ankit. This pinktastic brand designs amazing accessories, decor, tech, and novelty items that you can see sold in Nordstrom, Anthropologie, ModCloth, and more! From magical mermaid pillows and cozy quilts to headphones and phone chargers, you can find the colorful product of your dreams at Ankit. Ankit is a sponsor of #LoveBlog2017.
The #LoveBlog2017 giveaway starts February 1, 2017 and runs through the end of the month. While we love our international readers, this is limited to US residents only due to legal restrictions. To learn more about all the sponsors, check out Belle Brita all month long!
Finally, the link up:
- Follow the prompt. The prompts are open-ended, so you can go anywhere with them. But if your blog post doesn’t relate to the prompt, I will delete it from the blog link-up.
- Comment on the link before yours and at least one other link. Get to know your fellow bloggers!
- Yes, you can link-up an old post, or multiple posts, as long as they all follow the prompt. Please limit yourself to 3 links per prompt.
- Follow your host Brita and the co-hosts on your preferred form of social media.
- Use the #LoveBlog2017 button and/or link back to the blog link-up. The more bloggers who link-up, the better!
- Share your posts on social media using the hashtag #LoveBlog2017.