Did your January drag on like mine did? January was very busy with work, I still managed to do some things but I wasn’t 100% successful with my goals. That’s okay though, I’m a work in progress, just like these goals.
Due to work our marriage goals definitely suffered. Most evenings were spent eating dinner quickly, cleaning up together and having tea together. Not a single date night happened in January. At least we managed some great conversations.
Despite my work schedule I managed to read or walk in nature every single day on my lunch. I surpassed my goal of reading two books by three. That’s right. I read five books! The only body goal I managed this month was to drink green tea, three times a week. In fact, I’ve been drinking it every day.
On the homefront we managed to clean and organize our Christmas decorations, organize our new bookshelf AND we finished our photo wall.
I rocked my random acts of kindness category – I managed to leave a positive note on a coworkers desk actually three times AND I brought in treats for a few of my coworkers.
Here are my February goals!
- Plan 2 date nights at home.
- Eat dinner without the tv or phones together at least 4x a week.
- Read 3 books.
- Walk in nature 2x a week.
- Start taking vegetarian omega vitamins.
- Sit in silence for 5 minutes each day.
- Take my blood pressure 1x a week and record it.
- Book an optometrist appointment.
- Drink green tea everyday.
- Book a dentist appointment.
- Ride my bike at least 1x a week.
- Clean and put up the living room mirror.
- Reorganize our food stockpile.
- Reorganize our Tupperware shelf.
Random Acts of Kindness
- Bring treats in for my team.
- Give up my seat on the Skytrain every work day.
So tell me, what are your goals for February? Do you set goals for yourself each month? If so, do you find it helps keep you progressing?