In my quest to be intentional throughout the year, I’ve decided to challenge myself and do a reading challenge. I usually shy away from book challenges because I don’t like failing but this one from Escape With Dollycas caught my eye and I’m excited to start reading some books from my TBR mountain. Feel free to follow me on Goodreads to see what books I’ve read as well.
– This challenge will run from January 1st, 2017 until December 31st, 2017.
– You can join anytime. You do not have to post a review of the book. Books can come from any genre.
– It’s an alphabet challenge! The challenge is to read one book that has a title starting with every letter of the alphabet.
– You do not need to link up each spoonful.
– Make a page or a post or a GoodReads shelf where you will keep track of your spoonfuls. I keep track of mine on my Challenge Page.
– Crossovers to other challenges are allowed and encouraged!
– You can drop the A’s and The’s from the book titles.
– The first main word needs to be the letter you are counting
– Except For those pesky Q, X AND Z titles the word that starts with the challenge letter can be anywhere in the title.
I’ll also be doing a review of each book on the blog here, so you’ll have to check back for all my reviews.
I’ll be mostly using the library or reading books that I own that I haven’t read yet, and since I’m using the library these won’t be read in alphabetical order. As usual, my list is a hodge-podge of murder mystery, ex-religious biography and fiction.
So here’s what’s to come for book reviews in 2017.
A – As Time Goes By Mary Higgins Clark
B – The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler
C – Caught in the Pulpit: Leaving Faith Behind by Daniel C. Dennett
D – Down a Dark Road by Linda Castillo
E – Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
F – Fractured by Catherine McKenzie
G – Girl Meets God by Lauren F. Winner
H – Heaven’s Harlots: My Fifteen Years as a Sacred Prostitute in the Children of God Cult by Miriam Williams
I – I’ve Got You Under My Skin by Mary Higgins Clark
J – Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark
K – The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter
L – The Last Letter From Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
M – The Mermaid Girl: A Story by Erika Swyler
N – Never Let You Go by Chevy Stevens
O – Our Little Secret by Duncan Fairhurst
P – The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda
Q – Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
R – The Royal We by Heather Cocks
S – The Silent Girls by Eric Rickstad
T – The Twenty-Three by Linwood Barclay
U – Unveiled: The Hidden Lives of Nuns by Cheryl L. Reed
V – The Vanishing Year by Kate Moretti
W – Working Stiff: Two Years, 262 Bodies, and the Making of a Medical Examiner by Judy Melinek & T.J. Mitchell
X – The X in Sex: How the X Chromosome Controls Our Lives by David Bainbridge
Y – The Year We Disappeared: A Father-Daughter Memoir by Cylin Busby
Z – Zoo by James Patterson
The first books I’m planning to read in 2017 from the list are The Twenty-Three and The Vanishing Year because I already have them.
So tell me, have you participated in a book challenge? Have you made a goal to read a certain amount of books this year? What’s on your TBR list for 2017?