We know date nights after marriage are important, even vital but what happens when you’re trying to save for a house or maybe you have a new baby and all your money is going to caring for them? It isn’t an excuse not to have date night just because you can’t afford it. You can always afford it, it’s just a matter of figuring out what you can afford and making it happen.
Here’s some date night ideas for every budget:
$10 Date Night
1. Hit a nature trail – Walk a nearby nature trail and go for hot chocolate in the fall/winter or iced tea in the spring/summer.
2. Night time Picnic in the Park – Pack a blanket, some wine, cheese and crackers and enjoy the stars.
3. Skating & Hot Drinks – Dig out your skates and enjoy some exercise together. After your skate, go out for coffee or hot chocolate.
4. Open House – Find some local open houses and peruse some houses in your neighbourhood or city.
5. Movie at Home – Rent a movie on Itunes and pop some popcorn and pour some drinks.
6. Dessert for Dinner – Go to a restaurant for your favourite dessert. Share it and you can splurge on coffees/teas.
7. Culture Night – Go to a museum or art gallery, most places have a free night.
8. Board Game Night – Board game cafes or comic book stores usually have cheap admission(or free!).
9. Movie in the Park – Grab lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a movie with your neighbours.
10. Flower Power – Go to your local botanical garden and enjoy the greenery.
$25 Date Night
1. Retro Night – Go to an arcade and play some air hockey or DDR.
2. Matinee Movie – See the latest movie for cheaper than normal and enjoy a shared popcorn and a drink.
3. Laser Focus – Have a fun night of laser tag with another couple or a whole group.
4. Brunching it Up – Go to your favourite brunch place and indulge in the best meal of the day.
5. Improv – See a local improv show and enjoy a couple of drinks.
6. Country Fun – Check out your local country bar and have some fun line dancing.
7. Sing Your Heart Out – Go out to a local karaoke bar and sing your heart out.
8. Painting Pottery – Paint a piece of pottery and take it home and display it.
9. Local Reading – Check out a local reading of a favourite author. After the reading, enjoy drinks and discuss the book.
10. Canoe for Two – Rent a canoe and head out on the lake or ocean and enjoy the company.
$50 Date Night
1. Food Truck Forage – Find all the awesome food trucks in your town and eat until your stuffed.
2. Retro Bowling – Play a round or two of bowling and have milkshakes after to keep the retro feel going.
3. Mini Putt Matinee – Play a round of mini-putt and go for lunch after.
4. Haunted Happenings – Go on a local walking ghost tour. Enjoy a drink before or after.
5. Get Handsy – Take a lesson at a local pottery studio.
6. Hot & Heavy – Check out a local burlesque show.
7. Foodie Finds – Check out a local food festival and get stuffed with good food.
8. Snowshoe & Hot Drinks – Rent a pair of snowshoes and enjoy some nature. Grab a hot beverage of choice to warm up afterwards.
9. Rock Out – Rent some gear, take a lesson and scale some walls.
10. Local Theatre – Take in a musical or play at your local theatre.
$100 Date Night
1. Sports Spectacular – Go to a professional sports game and cheer on your favourite local team.
2. Fair Fun – Go to a local fair or amusement park and enjoy the rides and food.
3. Get Tipsy – Go wine or beer tasting at a local vineyard or brewery, take a cab home so you can both enjoy.
4. Blind Date – Spend your date in the dark and experience a whole new dining experience.
5. Symphony Sensation – Get dressed up and enjoy the symphony.
6. Find Dori – Check out your local aquarium and have dinner out before or afterwards.
7. Dancing Queens – Take a local dance class together.
8. Play Tourist – Check out your local tourist locations.
9. Pampering Pedicures – Go to a spa and get pedicures and manicures. Take the time to relax and enjoy the conversation.
10. Mix it Up – Find a local mixology class and learn some new drink recipes and get a bit tipsy.
No matter the budget, no matter the time, making an investment in date nights is an investment in your marriage.
So tell me, what are your favourite date nights? Do you ever splurge on date nights?