Could you marry your first love? Most people would say NO WAY! But for me it was an easy decision and it’s always been. After almost 14 years together I can pretty much say that marrying the first person I ever loved was the best decision I’ve ever made.
1. They understand who you’re talking about when you tell an old story.
Have you ever been with friends who are telling an old story and you have no idea who they are talking about? Well, when you marry your high school sweetheart, that basically goes out the window since they always know who you’re talking about.
2. We had a LONG time to discuss what we wanted out of life (even if we had NO clue how the world worked!)
Even though we’ve revised our life plans MANY times, we have had many years to figure out what we really want out of life and what’s important to us.
3. You’ve always had a cheerleader.
Things always seem easier when you have a constant cheerleader; plain and simple.
4. Changes in relationship don’t scare or worry you.
The idea of children changing our relationship doesn’t scare or worry us, we’ve already been through SO many changes and it ALWAYS brings us closer.
5. Family and friends won’t set you up on awful blind dates.
My worst nightmare is meeting random people. I’m weird and awkward. I’m so thankful that I’ve never been set up by family but I’m sure it would have happened if I was my age and still single.
What am I missing? Tell me so more positives to marrying your high school sweetheart!