When someone hears you’re getting married, after asking when and where the wedding is, the question ALWAYS gets asked, “Where are you taking your honeymoon?” What they should have asked is, “When are you taking your honeymoon?” or maybe “Are you taking a honeymoon?”
For a variety of reasons, we are delaying our honeymoon. Will it be next year? Probably not, will it be 3 years from now? Maybe.
Our reasons for delaying our honeymoon are these:
- If you missed this post, I had brain surgery and was out for 4-6 weeks with migraines and nausea, it wasn’t really appropriate to take a whole week off since my job was new at that point.
- The Mister doesn’t really get “time off” per say, and when he has a contract, we want him to keep that contract.
- We still have debt. It just doesn’t make sense to us to go into MORE debt, just because of a trip.
- We are of an age where things like a house, a dog, and possible children are more important to us than a trip, so we want to keep saving.
- The least important of all reasons, we can’t really “agree” on a vacation. He likes cooler climates, and I’m more into hot climates where I don’t leave a beach chair.
We may not be having a traditional honeymoon, but we DID get to my parents cottage to decompress the weekend after our wedding.
So tell me, did you go on a honeymoon? Why or why not? Where did you go?